There are sections in our houses that need regular maintenance as they are exposed to extreme weather change. We decorate our entire house with expensive things that can be damaged easily due to lack of maintenance and the replacement of them may compel you spend a lot of money. The garage door and the wooden decks at the backyard are one of those sections that need regular maintenance. In this article we shall give you complete guide to keep your garage door and the wooden decks in good condition throughout the year.
Handy tips for garage door maintenance:
The garage door is one of the essential parts of our house that is being used several times a day. This is why it is our duty to keep our garage doors functioning all the time without any error. Don’t worry; the garage door maintenance is very effective and way easier.
- At first you need to diagnose the problem with your garage door. You must watch it when it is in motion, observe carefully whether it is running smoothly or not, does it make any scraping or dragging sound when it is in motion, is it symmetrical on both sides or not. Through these observations you will be able to diagnose the technical difficulty with your garage door.
- Most of the garage doors go up and down thousand times a year. You must check the roller brackets and the bolts on regular basis to make it run perfectly. You may use a wrench to tighten them as well.
- You must be careful about the balance of your garage door otherwise the door will suddenly collapse and you may face an accident.
- Though the regular maintenance is necessary but the replacement of the rollers once in seven years must be needed to have a good conditioned garage door.
- You must grease the rolling parts of the door on frequent basis.
- If necessary then ask for the help of the technician to clear the tracks of your garage door.
- At last you need to always clean your garage door with cleaning agents whenever you are about to wash your car.
Cool tips for wooden decks maintenance:
Below, we will discuss some useful tips about wooden decks maintenance that will help you in maintaining the deck for long.
- At first you should be careful not to keep the flower pots on the wooden decks. This may transfer the moisture to the wood. Instead you can put the flower pots on the cement blocks.
- You must try not to use any greasy products on the wooden decks otherwise it will become difficult to remove them.
- Try to sweep the wooden decks as many times as possible to keep it free from any dust or slow.
- You must always use coatings to seal the ruptures in the wooden decks to make it last long.
If you are looking forward to know about garage door maintenance, then this post by Matthew Lavitov can be really helpful. Here, he has helped the readers to learn about garage door maintenance as well as wooden decks maintenance.